Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Forgive me, Blogger, for I have neglected...

So, as you can see (by the rampant use of Stolen Material used as an excuse for a "post"), I have not been very dilligent about writing on this blog. But this will change! [she said, shaking her fist in the air and pounding her other fist on the table, for emphasis].

Things have been busy, and since I am a hopeless procrastinator, I sabotage myself by not letting myself do "fun" things (write on my blog, write on my stories, edit my novels) until I have done the "work" (the day job, paid writing assignments, laundry). So I end up not doing either, then feeling just awful about it as I watch another TiVOed episode of The Daily Show.

However, as you can see from the nifty new icon above, I'm committing to Blogging for Blood Cancer, where I will be blogging daily from August 11-18 to raise awareness for blood cancers and the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's efforts to erradicate them.

As Joey pointed out to Phoebe, this will not be a selfless act. Most of my posts will probably, at some point in time, as you to make a donation to the LLS through my Team In Training fundraising page, for the triathlon I'm doing in October.

For more info on Blogging for Blood Cancer, or to join yourself, please visit this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment