Tuesday, December 01, 2009

"It's beginning to look a lot like... deforestation"

In the last two weeks, I have received more catalogs in the mail than I received all year long. Some are repeats of stuff I'd already gotten, and pretty much EVERY SINGLE ONE is unsolicited.

(Now that I think about it, can I put a "No Soliciting" sign on my mailbox? Will that make the evil catalogs go away?? Please???)

Between all the trees being chopped down to make all these catalogs, and all the tress that will be chopped down to make wrapping paper, are we going to have any left to chop down to decorate?

If you're looking for gift ideas, here are a few:

Plant a Billion Trees (click on Act Now)
Or, if you're more the DIY type, here's an instruction manual.

Looking for a card to go along with those gifts? Check out some of these.


You get the gist. Get creative. (Google it.)

2 comments:

  1. We always use newspapers to wrap our gifts (pretty ribbons dress it up). Also, for an nontraditional gift, I am going to "give" my cousin and her wife (they had a commitment ceremony at Labor Day) a donation to Fair Wisconsin, which fights for LGBT rights here in WI.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donations make GREAT GIFTS!!!

    We used to re-use wrapping paper. As an adult, I had to learn to tear wrapping paper to open a present because as a child I never did. We had to carefully open at the tape, so we cold re-use that paper to wrap another gift in the future...

    But I like using newspaper as wrapping paper! My sister also suggested using all those danged catalogs as wrapping paper. :)

    ReplyDelete