Tuesday, November 11, 2008

From 52 to 48 / 48 to 52 with love

Great post on Adventures at Home and Abroad.

Or, if you're too lazy to click on that link, just go to this one directly.

In other news, NaNoWriMo is going stunningly well. I'm at the half-way point already, almost a full week ahead of where I'm supposed to be. This has never happened before.

Another thing that has never happened before? Barely a blog post all November. As Marcy pointed out to me last year (when I was still a loyal Xangan), I tended to blog more in November than any other time of year - because I wrote on my laptop, usually at places with Wi-Fi. So... I would hop on over to the blog between scenes, or in the middle of scenes, or after writing one sentence, or after writing no sentences because I needed to whine about the writing not going well.

This year?

This year, I haz an AlphaSmart. It haz no Internetz. Just wordz.

I lurvez it.

And, on a side note, I believe it is more ergonomical than a laptop. It feels more comfortable to write with the AlphaSmart on my lap than to write with a laptop on my lap.

So, Internetz peeps, I'm off to get another thousand words or so in before bedtime. 'Night!

3 comments:

  1. Having a laptop on your lap, despite its name, I've always thought to be kinda awkward b/c you have the big ole screen to deal with and you have to balance the whole thing properly, which you don't have to worry about with the alpha smart thing.

    So, you think the high word count and the lack of internet are related? ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the 52 to 48 site...thank you for sharing it! What a timely sentiment.

    Now you've got me curious about alpha smart...off to google that. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete