Saturday, July 04, 2009

#3: "I haz a nu JOB!!!1!!1!"

It feels silly to write about it now. I was offered the job about two weeks ago, then had to wait from a Wednesday to a Monday for the background check to clear to make it 100% official (because I'm paranoid and supersticious). I didn't want to tell people until the background check came through, so when I was all excited with the new-ness of the news I kept it quiet, then when it was 100% official it was kind of old news to me... And I don't start work until August 1st, so really not much has changed in my day-to-day life since I was unemployed.

Except I'm NOT! I have rejoined the ranks of the employed. I am once again a productive member of society.

I'll be working with one of the Dallas County Community Colleges, not teaching but rather coordinating tutors for a high-school outreach program. Should be fun. I'm looking forward to it.

Freddy is very excited as well. He was very supportive of my leaving my old job because I was unhappy there, but while he supported my decision he also was not too excited about suddenly no longer having my income. I get teacher pay through August, so it'll be nice to get two paychecks that month! (Don't worry, we'll be responsible. The extra money is going to our emergency fund.)

Since I haven't started work (and won't for another month), I can't tell you much else about it. But I'm sure I will in the future.

2 comments:

  1. That's great, it always feels very nice if you haven't been working lately. My Summer job with TCC only lasts 3 more weeks. Then I'll be back on the search! I hope you like the new job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Discouragement can come from a lot of different directions in teaching. I'm glad you found something that's keeping you in education. I hope the new job is great!

    ReplyDelete