Saturday, March 21, 2009

Spring Broke

If I can get this bloody dissertation done by tomorrow night, I will consider this Spring Break a success.

So far, this looks likely. I have read the junk I need to read (almost all of it, I haven't found the last little bit of info I need showing numbers of European immigration in Chile/percentages of European descent), so all I'll need to do is plug in the pieces of info where they go.

Of course, the desired outcome would be MUCH more likely if someone were working on her bloody dissertation right now, instead of blogging while watching reruns of NCIS.

I had a nice list of things that needed to get done this Spring Break.
  • Clean house
  • Organize office
  • Finish dissertation
  • Scribble notes for my Script Frenzy
  • Do some editing on my poor, neglected novels
  • Finish the book we're reading for the women's retreat at church
  • Start the book my Sunday school class is reading
  • Read Notorious for the book club I skipped Wednesday (since I never read the book)
Very little of this was actually accomplished.

And not much more of anything else was, either. I just flittered around, not doing much of anything, but feeling guilty about not doing the stuff. So I didn't even get to relax and enjoy my vacation, because of the guilt.* I hate it when I do that.

I just realized I have already seen this rerun of NCIS. (First repeat I've come across, actually.) This must be God's way of telling me to get to work. So, if you'll excuse me, I'm turning off the TV, closing TweetDeck, and getting to work.

(Or so I claim. I'll let you know later how it turns out.)


*The guilt, by the way: a nasty side effect of growing up Catholic. Pretty much everything else I've been able to shake, but not that.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:27 PM

    Very similar lists indeed!

    I'm not doing Script Frenzy, I have enough on my writing plate if I still want to be finished editing my book by June. I'll be rootin' for the rest of you guys.

    ReplyDelete