Thursday, January 28, 2010

Thankful Thursday, pre-dated edition

(Yes, I'm cheating. I'm typing this on Friday. But I wrote it, in my head, on Thursday. I just had a very busy Thursday, so I didn't get to type it then. I didn't phone-post because I can't do nifty bullet points from my phone.)

I'm thankful for:
  • my job. Not just because I have a job, but because I really do like my job. I love working in an office; I share that office with cool people; I still get to work with kids and teach them stuff.
  • my sister Lindsey, who introduced me (and the rest of the fam) to Dave Ramsey, without whose financial planning Freddy and I would not have transitioned so smoothly from my previous paycheck to my current one (which is CONSIDERABLY smaller).
  • my critique groups, who make me a better writer.
  • my Twitter writing buddies, who help me write more often (even if I don't officially participate in #wordathon I still get tons written on the weekends because of it).
  • Twitter in general, who answers any writing question in seconds. Research was never this simple or speedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment